Rebuilding Cholderton House
03 March 2019
Restored from the brink to a family home.
Cholderton House, a large privately-owned Grade II* listed manor house, was built in 1690 and has been the home of the Cornelius-Reid family, its current owners, for 35 years.
In March 2012 a dramatic fire swept through all three floors and the roof. At the height of the fire 12 fire engines worked on the house; local roads closed for safety.
Experience and empathy
Making the decision to preserve their heritage
- A specialist team was appointed to include:
- An architect specialising in the heritage field
- Mechanical and structural engineers
- Quantity surveyors
- And organisations such as Historic England to ensure continued Grade II* listing.
Keys to success at Cholderton House
- Valuation accuracy
- Heritage experience
- Specialist architectural appointment
- Access to skills and materials
- Client empathy
- Immediate action