Ecclesiastical has become the first insurer to sign up to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) initiative aimed at improving health and wellbeing in the workplace.
The Gloucester-based specialist insurer has made its commitment to the ‘Helping Great Britain Work Well’ strategy, with a number of projects already underway to further enhance its risk management guidance for brokers and customers.
These include developing innovative solutions such as e-learning tools for customers focused on health and safety, providing refreshed and more accessible risk management content on the website and free national training seminars on health and safety.
These seminars, which have already attracted hundreds of attendees across six sessions, are aimed at helping customers to better understand their statutory responsibilities. Further seminars will be delivered in 2018.
Organisations that sign up to the HSE strategy will have the opportunity to share case studies and showcase good practice across six strategic themes.
- Acting together: Promoting broader ownership of health and safety in Great Britain
- Tackling ill health: Highlighting and tackling the costs of work-related ill health
- Managing risk well: Simplifying risk management and helping business to grow
- Supporting small employers: Giving SMEs simple advice so they know what they have to do
- Keeping pace with change: Anticipating and tackling new health and safety challenges
- Sharing our success: Promoting the benefits of Great Britain’s health and safety system
Principal Risk Management consultant at Ecclesiastical, Huw Andrews, said:
“We’re very proud of the risk management advice we provide to our brokers and customers. Our specialist experience and expertise means we have a unique insight into the risks facing our customers; from charities and schools to owners of heritage properties, churches, museums, galleries and private art collectors.
“Our resources covering health and safety are some of our most frequently viewed webpages and we have had great take-up of our free seminars. We’re committed to doing everything possible to help our customers protect people and buildings that are so vital to the work they do, as well as giving them the tools and guidance they need to respond to risk in a proportionate way while balancing insurance requirements.”